Facebook Twitter Instagram Pinterest

CORE - Custom Menu

Planned Giving

Planned Giving | Junior Blind's Legacy Society

Since 1953, Junior Blind has helped infants, children, teens and adults who are blind, visually impaired, or multi-disabled maximize their potential and achieve their highest levels of independence.

When you include a gift for Junior Blind in your will, set up a charitable gift annuity, or make Junior Blind a beneficiary of your investment account/policy, you are supporting these critical programs for decades to come. By making a planned gift, you become a member of our Legacy Society alongside other donors committed to making a difference today and for years to come.

Members of Junior Blind's Legacy Society are invited to special programs and acknowledged in our annual report and other publications. And, by participating, you will encourage others to follow your example. Most importantly, your support ensures that our life-changing services will continue to have a lasting impact.

There are many ways to share our vision for the future. Please review the various gift options below and contact us for more information.


Bequests in a will or trust are the most popular type of planned gift received by Junior Blind. You can make a substantial contribution without reducing the assets available to you during your lifetime. For example, you can transfer a specific asset, such as stock or real estate. You can also leave a fixed dollar amount or a percentage of your estate to Junior Blind.

Sample Bequest Wording:
I bequeath to Junior Blind of America, a 501(c)(3) organization with the Tax ID # 95-1977659 a gift of:
$__________ (insert dollar amount), or
_____ % (insert percentage) percent of my estate, or
the following real property located at (insert address of real estate), or
the following (bank, stock, life insurance, IRA) account, or
the rest, residue and remainder of my estate

If you have already prepared your will, your attorney can easily include Junior Blind as a beneficiary by adding a codicil.

Please let us know if you are remembering Junior Blind in your will or trust fund. This information helps us plan for the future and enables us to honor you as a member of our Legacy Society.

Charitable Gift Annuities

With a Charitable Gift Annuity (CGA), you can support Junior Blind of America and receive a fixed lifetime income. A CGA is easy to establish and the benefits include:

  • An immediate income tax deduction for a portion of your gift.
  • Lifetime income for you, paid quarterly or annually. A CGA pays a higher rate than a bank, CD or money market account, and, once established, the rate never changes. A portion of each payment is tax-free.
  • If you fund your CGA with appreciated stock, you will reduce capital gains tax on the increased value of your investment. A CGA also eliminates all gift and estate taxes associated with the funds you give to Junior Blind.
Single Beneficiary AgePayout Rate

Other Ways to Support the Critical Programs of Junior Blind

Gifts of Stock Gifts of stock permit you to bypass the capital gains tax. In addition, you are eligible for a charitable income tax deduction for the full appreciated value of the stock, resulting in additional savings. Click here to learn more about gifting stock donations to Junior Blind.

Real Estate Donations of real estate may include a personal residence, vacation home, apartment building, commercial property or land. You may retain a life interest in your personal residence, gifting ownership to Junior Blind after your lifetime.

Retirement Accounts There are both income tax and estate tax benefits to donating an IRA or other retirement funds. This is a very effective way of leaving a significant gift to Junior Blind as part of your estate plans.

Life Insurance There are a variety of ways to use life insurance to make a donation. You can name Junior Blind as a beneficiary, donate an existing policy or buy a new policy to donate. Any benefits Junior Blind receives from your insurance are excluded from your taxable estate.

**Donors should consult with their own attorneys or other financial advisors for tax and legal advice when considering any type of planned gift.**

If you would like more information, please contact our Office of Development at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or (323) 295-6386.

Click here to submit a Planned Giving Information Request online

For more articles on Planned Giving, please read more in our newsletters.