A. The Information We Collect and How We Use It
Junior Blind collects and uses both personal and aggregate information, online and offline, for multiple purposes.
- Personal Information: Any information or set of information that identifies or could be used by or on behalf of Junior Blind to identify a natural person. Personal Information does not include information that is encoded, aggregated, anonymized or publicly available information that has not been combined with non-public Personal Information. Examples of different purposes for which we may collect Personal Information include, but are not limited to:
- Registration/enrollment process for students, residents, campers or others receiving services
- Charitable donations made to Junior Blind
- Employment applications
- Volunteer Applications
- Voluntary submissions to Junior Blind requesting information about Junior Blind’s services and events, signing up to receive information from us or to attend an event, or sending us an email.
- Non-Personal/Other Information:In addition to the Personal Information, we collect additional information that does not personally identify you (collectively, “Other Information), which may include information collected in the following ways:
- From your activity on our Site: Junior Blind collects standard web server traffic pattern information on our website, including general traffic, site usage and length of stay. This information is used to improve our Site, but we do not and will not match usage data with personal information to track individuals.
Google Analytics collects information anonymously and reports trends without identifying individual visitors. You can opt out of Google Analytics. For more information about how to opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites you use, please visit this Google page.
- From Tell-a-Friend: If a user elects to use our referral service for informing a friend about our Site, we ask them for a name and email address. Junior Blind will automatically send the friend a one-time email inviting them to visit the Site. Junior Blind stores this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email.
- From You: Information that you voluntarily provide to us that may or may not identify you personally. Examples when you would provide personal information include, but are not limited to making a gift, registering for an event, inquiring about a program or participating in peer-to-peer fundraising campaigns.
B. How We Use and Share the Information
Junior Blind uses the Personal Information and Other Information to provide you services, process your donations, inform you about Junior Blind and its programs and to improve our services and Site content for you. We may send you solicitations for donations or invitations to special events.
As part of our ongoing efforts to improve the visitor experience to our Site and services, we may analyze the Other Information in aggregate form.
, via telephone to (323) 295-4555 or via written correspondence to the address below, providing us with your name, postal address and/or email address:
C/O Development Department
5300 Angeles Vista Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90043
Junior Blind may also share information with consultants and affiliates for internal business purposes and may divulge personal information if such information is subpoenaed. In some situations, your personal information may be used on a confidential basis with third parties who perform a particular service on our behalf, such as sending emails.
5300 Angeles Vista Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90043
C. How we protect the Information/Security
Junior Blind strives to protect the Personal Information and ‘Other Information’ transmitted through this website from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction through the use of firewalls and virus/intrusion detection software to protect our servers. We offer a secured website (“https:”) utilizing SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) security technology for establishing an encrypted link between our web server and your browser. This link ensures that all data passed between the web server and browsers remain private and integral.
All donations made through our website are processed using a standard SSL encrypted payment system that is Payment Card Industry compliant. There is a CompliAssure Secured verification link powered by Aperia Solutions on the donation page.
Since no security system is impenetrable, we cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that the information you provide will not be intercepted while being transmitted to and from us over the Internet. Our Site contains links to other Web sites. Please note that when you click on one of these links, you are entering another Website for which Junior Blind has no responsibility. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on all such sites as their policies may be different than ours.